When should I begin my bridal alterations?
While every situation is different and we have never been unable to accommodate one of our customers, our general rule is to begin your alterations 6-8 weeks prior to your event.
What is the schedule for my alterations?
You must call ahead because alterations are done by appointment only. We have alteration appointments available during the day, evening and even on Saturdays.
Typical alterations include-
- your first fitting, where all preliminary pinning is done
- your second appointment (or “refit”) at which time we ensure that the proper fit has been achieved,
- and a pick-up appointment, a day or two before the wedding where you will take the finished and completely pressed gown to your event. (Sometimes there is a need for additional appointments to accommodate adjustments made at your refit appointment.)
What else do I need to know about alteration appointments?
May we suggest-
- Try-on your gown, at our store, prior to your first fitting. This way we can spend time helping you to accessorize your look before your initial alteration appointment. This try-on day is a great time for friends and family to join you.
- Have ALL undergarments (bustiers, slips, shape-wear, etc.) and shoes selected and with you at ALL of your bridal fittings. While our seamstresses are happy to help you select shoes and undergarments from our store, it may add to the number of fittings you need, if you are not fully prepared.
- Trust your seamstress. Their years of experience have all been leading up to helping you look perfect on your big day. And do not be afraid to ask to customize your gown! Our seamstresses have wonderful ideas and are happy to help you make your dress truly one-of-a-kind!
May begins our busiest season of alterations, so we encourage you to schedule your appointments as soon as possible. And as always, we are happy to work with all brides, even those who did not buy their gown with us! You may make your alteration appointments by phone or email, so call or click today!
6865 Cascade Road SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan